Tuesday, May 12, 2015

San Francisco OOTD #1

I arrived in San Fran yesterday and I couldn't be more excited to explore this awesome city. My brother has lived here for 3 years now and I finally made it to visit him. I have never heard anyone who has been here not like it which makes me even more keen on 10 days of adventures ahead.

I thought I will try to document most of my travel outfits for the blog. I found packing for this trip really difficult for multiple reasons:

Reason 1: When I asked my brother whats the weather in May he said if one day is +14c and then it might be +27c the next. This left me totally confused if I need to concentrate on jackets and pants or can I bring some nice summer dresses.

Reason 2: My current wardrobe in Dubai consist 85% of dresses and skirts -most of them in light materials and not suitable to wear with tights. I also own only one thicker leather jacket and a few light blazers and that is it. I'm not even exaggerating. I have very few jumpers and sweaters, I have left most of these in Estonia.

Reason 3: I wear heels a lot in Dubai as walking is pretty minimal. San Fran however is known for the hills and I knew I need to leave my heels home and try to figure out some outfits with flats.

With all this in mind here is my first comfy exploring the city outfit for a sunny but windy day.

 
I picked up the light wool grey baggy trousers from Topshop outlet last month. They are really unusual pick for me but as they fit well I figured it would be a fun piece to create outfits with. I have since found out that they look great with heels and crisp white top for work and I equally like them with my dainty converse for a casual days like this.


The cashmere jumper is borrowed from my sister and is by a British brand Luella. I would love to link something similar for you but couldn't find anything online. Bag is my Sophie Hulme Zip Top Bowling Bag that I still adore. I normally dont wear it as a cross-body but for a long day of walking its a good option. This baby is sold out everywhere online but keep an eye out if you are searching for a perfect black bag. Im sure it will be back in stock at some point given its popularity.

Thats it for todays post. A short nap ( and a trip to Sephora) is now in order and then I must go for dinner and eat all the food. See you later lovelies.

5 comments:

  1. Awe I hope you have an amazing time in San Francisco! I loved it when i visited a year ago and the dim sum there is AMAZING! Such a cute outfit and perfect for SF.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this effortlessly chic outfit!! So excited for you being in San Fran! Amazing! :)

    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently putting my outfits together for my holiday to Dubai this weekend and thankfully (after your comments) they're mainly dresses and heels!!

    Dare I admit I'm one of the few people who did not like San Fran?! Eeekkk… I went last year for a couple of nights en route to Hawaii and was really disappointed especially as everyone had told us how amazing it was. I'd love to return with a local to show me around and what I was missing.

    Looking forward to hearing more via your blogposts.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO excited to hear about your trip!!! Updates constantly pls!!! Periscope/whatsapp/twitter/instagram-I am here for you Laura!!! ;-) I love San Fran, you'll adore it!!!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha.. love the enthusiasm. Wish I had wifi so I could periscope but Instagram will be over flowing in no time. I am looooving the city! x

      Delete