Saturday, December 6, 2014

Lipstick Talk = My Happy Place

Oh gosh I have missed you guys!

It has been a mental month of non stop work.
I havent had an ounce of inspiration or energy left to blog but I have missed doing it so much.

Im not all done yet. I actually have our biggest event of the year tomorrow so I should definitely be finalizing the seating plans and managing the last bits but my mind needed a break and telling you about my latest new lipstick is my happy place.

NARS Audacious lipsticks (Link)- you have surely heard about them already? To be honest I have mixed feelings. I know everyone and their mother seems to love them but I think they are just fine. I like the packaging (very fancy magnetic closure) and there sure are some beautiful shades available but the formula is a bit high maintenance. People seem to like the velvety texture but on me it bleeds if used without primer and lip pencil and I feel it might be a little too creamy. Also there is no way I would slap that on from the bullet- it requires a brush and steady hand. Lets put it that way- it ain't no Tom Ford.

Saying all that I still like it. Its a good lipstick and if you are like me- into the bright orangy reds check out Lana.


Its a color I have in many many variations but I obviously needed more.

You know what I am talking about- bright, eye catching, warm undertones, red but still pulls a lot of orange. I like that a lot!


I'm tempted to pick up the dark oxblood shade called Charlotte next as I have seen Laura rocking it and every time I feel like asking "Whats on your lips?". It would be very much out of my comfort zone but I also think it would be very much awesome to wear it for Christmas parties. Trouble is I need a liner to match as I don't have anything dark in my collection.

Have you picked up any of the new Nars? Whats your favorite Audacious? 

3 comments:

  1. Huulepulk on muidugi väga ilus, aga mis mõttes sul pole ühtegi kortsu? Kadedaks teeb, kas tead, sa sileda laubaga naine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I'm thinking about one of these for Xmas parties next week! Or should I just stick to the good old trusty TF? :)

    Lis x

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would vote for a new TF! Unless there is a very special shade you have spotted in Nars. x

      Delete