Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The NARS Trinity

Yes these are old news but when the news is sooo good I think its ok we talk about them again. 

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils!

These are the favorite matte lipsticks in my modest stash ( I use the word modest liberally as you might guess). They are long lasting, don't bleed, beautiful matte finish, super pigmented, dont make my lips feel like desert..I could go on and on.

The range is vast in color choice but as I wear red lip most often mine are all from that color family. However they are all "totally" different as you will see below.


So starting from the left we have the darkest of the trinity called Cruella (Link). Described as scarlet red by the brand this is "prepare to be seen" kind of lip color. Blue based deep red that is so "sexy" if that can be used as a color description. I would say this is a color not for the faint hearted. If rocking a red is your thing then this is a must have for fall-winter especially.

Next up is my latest addition and one I had been chasing for a while. Dragon Girl (Link) seems to be constantly sold out in various online stores so it was a long time coming. Boy was it worth the wait! Vivid siren red is how NARS describes it. This one is also blue based (we all know those are the best to make those pearly whites shine) but with strong pink undertones- a proper bright cherry red. The shade just lasts and lasts for a good 5-6h through the day. If I would describe Cruella as "sexy" then Dragon Girl would be my more "glam" option.

Lastly comes Red Square (Link) which was actually the lipstick that converted me into the red-lips-during-day-time business. I bought this years ago when visiting my sister in London and it was a random purchase to be honest. Little did I know it will start a whole red lipstick hording episode of my life. If someone asks for my favorite red lippy the first one that comes to mind is Red Square. Bright orange red is what the official description reads. I think this is such a day appropriate shade. Red Square is proper orange based warm-toned and pretty bright. I love that it isn't neon but more of a "retro" shade that makes me feel like a vintage vixen ( I have good imagination okay!)

L-R: Cruella, Dragon Girl, Red Square

So there we are. 
My favorite NARS reds all lined up for you. 

Have you tried the Velvet Mattes? Whats your favorite shade? 
Maybe I should be branching out from the red category?

10 comments:

  1. I need Red Square in my life!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not gonna lie..you really do need it! :D x

      Delete
  2. I love the look of these but do you have to sharpen them? I've a real frustration with having to sharpen lip pencils like this - or need to at worst buy a new/decent sharpener!!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Victoria. I think the only con for these is the fact you waste product when sharpening and you need to buy the NARS sharpener due to the size of these. But I love them soo much in every other aspect I am willing to overlook that :) x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Agreed :D I cant wait to rock up to a NARS counter a pick a new one for the collection x

      Delete
  4. They're all fab, but I like Red Square best. I love a matte red lip! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them all but Red Square has a special place in my heart as well. Not sure its normal to say that about a lipstick but what to do :D x

      Delete
  5. I need to check if I own Dragon Girl-if not I need it NOW! xx

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete