Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Rediscovery Of My Makeup

I did something extremely satisfying this morning.

I organized all my makeup. That means throwing away a whole bin full of products no one should let near their face anymore. I'm talking about that well loved but weirdly separated and smelly MAC Underage and those 3 dried up Loreal Super Liners and many other things I didn't know existed in my drawers.

It also means I rotated my daily makeup to some fall appropriate shades. You see I love seasons and I aint gonna stop loving them just because I happen to live in the desert where seasons vary from hot to hotter with occasional humid thrown in. Its autumn in my heart so bring on the dark lips and all that comes with it.

While all this organizing was going on I remembered a blog post from a few weeks ago I saw on Bonjour Luce. Her post called Forgotten, but still loved inspired me dig out some old favorites that have not been getting the love they deserve.


You know when you love makeup as much as we do (read: own enough for numerous lifetimes and then some) even the stuff you really love doesn't always get used. So as of today these five products have been moved to the front line and I intend to reach for them more often.

Starting from left to right we have:
Make Up Store Microshadow in Flamenco (Link)- I have had this for years and I used to love it. Its an intense purple with a subtle sheen that really compliments my green eyes. I wear it smudge on the lash line rather that all over lid(if I had more skillz it would look pretty all over as well I am sure). Its shameful but I had totally forgotten I have this. Make Up Store shadows are great quality.

NARS blush in Gina (Link)- I was all over it when I first got it. This is the only orange toned blush I own and it looks great on. It is now back on top of the blush drawer and I intent to show it more love in the coming months.

Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Pale Barley(Link)-  a bit of a cult product but for all the right reasons. The soft, finely-milled texture that applies ever so smoothly and the flattering pale brown shade that works as a base for any look. Im actually really excited to start using this more.

Mac Sheertone blush in Coygirl- this is my first ever Mac blush and the only one I have ever hit the pan on. It goes brilliant when wearing purple shadows as its pink but has a lilac undertone. I used to think it was the prettiest thing ever created. I think its time to rock some pinky mauve cheeks for the autumn. Unfortunately this is discontinued now.

Dior Rouge Creme De Gloss in 875 Delicious Plum- this was a gift from my sister a few years ago. I remember I was too intimidated by the glossy deep plum shade back then so I never wore it in public but my lipstick habits have come long way since. Its such a season appropriate shade and even though I'm still not hugely into glossy lips I think I will give it a go. I cant seem to find it anywhere online so I'm guessing its discontinued also.

If any of you have a suggestion for an awesome matte plum shade please let me know? I actually need to fill that gap.

It was really fun shopping my stash.
Have you rediscovered any of you old favorites recently?

6 comments:

  1. tsauki kulla, su lause sellest, et oleks paremad "skillz" ajas mind naerma, sest kohe tuli see hea film meelde - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsiiIa6bs9I
    kalli, kaire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..kusjuures kui ma selle olin 2ra kirjutanud siis tuli endal ka see sama nali meelde! :D kallid.

      Delete
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Love Liberty is a gorgeous matte plum shade-mine just arrived today so look out for a blog post soon-ish!

    I love finding old faves-currently using and loving from my stash-Benefit Birthday Suit cream eyeshadow and some MUFE aqua cream blushers-they're literally on the verge of needing to be thrown away but they're so pretty!!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Stacey! I dont own anything by Charlotte Tilbury yet so a matte plum lipstick sounds like a dreamy way to start my collection. Looking forward to read the review! x

      Delete
  3. Ahhh Burberry Pale Barley! I have this! and it hasn't been used for aaaagggessss! I need to have a good clean out too, you've inspired me! :)

    Lis xx

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using it for a few days in a row now. Its a great shadow that should not be forgotten into the depths of the drawers. Hope you have enjoyed yours now as well :) x

      Delete