Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Polished - August & September

Is it wrong that I am super excited to show you my latest nail polish favorites? 

Its been ages since the last nail related blogpost but I know you didn't think I haven't been hoarding polishes in the mean time. Of course I have. Its a problem or a gift whichever way you want to look at it. I prefer to believe its normal to keep buying more and more polishes.

I wish it felt a bit more like autumn here so I would feel like whipping out more of my burgundys and maroons. Instead we are still in high +30c so maybe next month.

First one that has been on my nails a lot in past weeks is this bright purple Essie Sittin' Pretty (Link). You can find this vivid lavender in Essie Neons 2014 collection. Its not an everyday goes with everything shade for me as I do feel I have to take it into account when choosing an outfit. That said I still like it! Perfect change for all of reds and pastels I normally gravitate towards.


Oh did I say I like pastels? Now this is actually really a problem..because I picked up PiCture pOlish Sky and was soo soo soooo excited. OMG what an unusual and pretty pastel blue! What a great choice you have made Laura! Came home, painted my nails immediately only to realize that it is pretty much EXACTLY the same as Barry M Huckleberry which I of course already own. I swear it looked different in the store!! Well I have come to terms with it now, I bought something I already had just in a different bottle.What else is new..but its pretty right?


Another shade I have in 20 different variations is this type of purple/pink but I got a new one anyway. I think this would be the autumn shade of this selection. Sephora Formula X in Riotous (Link)- a dark magneta if I must describe it somehow. I have to say even with my normal base and top coat this baby stays chip free for 5 days on me. Which kind of makes me love the new Formula X line. This is my favorite work appropriate shade for the past weeks.


I have been holding back to get the Formula X The System but I might cave soon.

Everyone keeps praising so my curiosity is peaked. Have you tried it? Is it worth it?
Whats your current nail polish loves?

14 comments:

  1. I always swear it is a different colour in store and end up with the EXACT same colour I already own. Classic! :) I love the last shade, I have nothing similar and really want to try more Formula X, so I guess Riotous will end in my basket. Nice post and pictures! xx Alexandr
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alexandr :) Definitely check out Riotous..but I warn you once you are at the Formula X stand its nearly impossible to leave with just one nailpolish :D x

      Delete
  2. Hey Laura! I love all these shades, they're beautiful! Especially this pretty baby blue by Picture Polish! Me too, I'm a sucker for these blue shades, you're not alone!;)
    I did a full review of Formula X on my blog, including the System. I personally think the manicure lasts more with it (more than 1 week without shipping on my very soft and peeling nails). Sorry!(ah ah aha) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..just read your post you gave it such a good review as well. I think there is nothing else to do but get myself The System. Actually pretty excited to try it.

      Delete
  3. Light blue is the most beautiful - super flattering colour for any skin tone I would say!

    Anneli x
    www.owlinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have way too many similar shade light blues because im a sucker for that shade as well :) Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  4. I love that Essie shade... I featured it in my August favorites too!
    Have a wonderful weekend Laura!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont usually go for brights unless they are pink but I do love this as well. Thanks for reading and commenting :) x

      Delete
  5. Love all these. The pastel blue is gorgeous... even if you already owned an identical one! It's one shade that just never seems to work on me for some reason, which is a shame because it's so pretty! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest as much as I love love this blue shade I dont wear it too much just cause I feel its not always work appropriate. Doesnt stop me from hording them of course :D x

      Delete
  6. Hey Laura,

    I just want to say that I think you´re doing a great job with your blog!

    I´m so jealous of you living in Dubai. I went there in 2012 for my holidays and we stayed at the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi which I think was very lovely. What do you think of that hotel? I was told it´s somehow famous for it´s Champagne Brunch, do you agree?

    xx
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lara! Thank you so much :)

      Yes the Bubbalicious brunch is one of the most famous ones in Dubai but I myself have never attended. But I love the Westin hotel it has my favorite pizza place in whole Dubai- restaurant called Bussola. Hope you can visit Dubai again soon!

      Thanks for reading and commenting x

      Delete
  7. Go for The System-totally worth it! Pretty much everyone I know is getting it for Xmas lol!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha..I think I might have to go ahead and buy it yes. I just felt like I have too many top and base coats as it is but now Im so intrigued if its really as good as everyone says.

      Delete