Friday, August 1, 2014

YSL Souffle D'Eclat Powder



Getting excited about new lipsticks is obvious, pretty eyeshadow gets my heart rate up easily as well. Heck sometime a great new foundation does it.

But getting excited about a powder has never happened before. Until Simone introduced me to YSL Souffle D'Eclat. Its a loose powder that promises to provide a luminous and lightweight finish. Now usually I would sum up a powder with something like- it mattifies and does the job.  Extra nice if it doesn't cake and stays put all day.

But this one..I think YSL Souffle D'Eclat contains a bit of a fairy dust because it has actual magic powers. It blurs the skin (I know it sounds crazy but reading reviews by other bloggers reassured me I'm not the only one that sees this effect) to make it look even and glowing and mat at the same time. I dont know how that is possible hence I suspect magic. Because in theory it doesn't make sense that your skin can be glowing and mat at the same time does it? However that is the only way I can describe it. It takes away the greasy shine but leaves a beautiful light reflecting veil that feels super silky. Apparently the special ingredient is micro Mother of Pearl particles in case you were wondering.


Not a day has gone by without using this powder and swooning over the results. It really works well with my combination skin. Lets just say how it is. This is hands down the best finishing powder I have ever used. Then again note that I haven't used that many. In any case it comes in 4 shades and looks pretty translucent once applied. I have the shade 02. 

I think I need to wrap this up because how long can one rave about a product like this. Do try it if you are on the lookout for a new loose finishing powder.

You can find it online at Selfridges (link).

8 comments:

  1. This sounds gorgeous! I need a loose powder and at the moment it's a toss up between this....and the Laura Mercier one....decisions decisions! this does sound pretty magical though! :)

    Lis x

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lis!

      Which LM one do you mean? The loose mineral powder? If you mean that one then its very different from the YSL one. LM has proper coverage..like on good skin days I only wear that buffed in and it acts like a foundation almost. It gives amazing finish but I find it a bit too much for daily use on top of foundation. But then again I prefer light to medium base. The YSL is no pigment at all its translucent but amazing as setting and taking away the shine.

      So depends really what you are looking for.

      LM has other loose setting powders so sorry if you meant something else. :)

      x

      Delete
  2. I think I need this... like you I find it difficult to get excited about powder and so I stick to the same old Rimmel one which, it has to be said, does a good job. But if I can have a powder that contains fairy dust then I'm on it! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I use it the more convinced I am everyone needs it :D Sorry to be such an enabler but get it get it get it! :D x

      Delete
  3. I really want to pick this up-you, Laura F and Simone are all using it so I need to get on that bandwagon!!

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can confirm to the magical suspicion with this powder! also got it upon reading Simone´s recommendation and it is amazing!! Doesn´t hurt that it looks so chic on my vanity with the golden lid either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT! Im so glad you think so too!

      This one really is something special :) x

      Delete
  5. Ummmm ok but this name makes me want to eat it?! ... Might have to buy!

    ReplyDelete