Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Holiday Haul That Was Not Supposed To Happen

First of all sorry about the radio silence. I have been on a vacation in Estonia for a week and it has been amazing. I have barely opened my laptop. I couldn't tell you I'm off because I wanted to surprise some of my friends and they read the blog.

Anyway I will tell you more about my vacation soon. This post is about the things I bought while in Estonia. I was not supposed to buy anything as the New York vacation is in less than a month but you know how it goes..sometimes (read:always) you dont have willpower to resist.

Clothing & Accessories

- 2 new stripey tops from Lindex. Its a Swedish brand that has very affordable prices and I love their basics. I always pick up some tshirts while in Estonia. This time I was all about stripes so a basic cut tshirt and a comfy cotton top with 3/4 sleeves.

- I haven't found anything in Dubai H&M for about a year. I almost never go in anymore because the layout and the stock just dont interest me the slightest. The H&M in Tallinn is a brand new and huge store that has great displays and pretty things catch your eye much easier. I picked up this pink dress that will be perfect for work and requires minimum effort to look put together. I will try to take some outfit pictures soon.

- I obviously had to go to my sisters studio and do some damage at New Vintage by Kriss HQ. I came home with a black agate necklace called Metal is My Muse. I have the same style with a green stone but just love the black with gold as well. I also got some opal earrings and a plain golden necklace I will have engraved.

Skincare
- Lumene Gradual Self Tan Lotion is something I always used when I lived in Estonia. Its a Finnish skincare and makeup brand that has lovely natural ingredients and loads of good products. I like the gradual tan lotion as it builds up slowly and fades evenly. It is paraben free and smells nice. Excited to have it in my stash again.

- I wrote in my last skincare post that I didn't put enough thought into the last toner I bought and ended up purchasing a alcohol containing Clinique one that is just way too harsh. I picked up the REN Clarimatte toner to replace it. Its alchokol free but has all the good stuff like glycolic and lactic acid and salicilin. Very much looking forward to give this one a go.

- Khiels Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado was on my wishlist for awhile and I picked it up at airport Duty Free. I have been using it for a week and absolutely love it. Its perfect if you have fine lines and dry skin under the eyes.

- Joik soy wax scented candles are one of my absolute favorites. Its an Estonian brand and I always pick a few up because I cant resist. This time I got the Strawberry's & wine scent.

Make up
 
- I havent been to Estonia for a year and during that year something awesome has happened. They have started selling Real Techniques brushes here! Who knew!? After convincing my sister to get the Blush brush I stood umm-ing and ahh-ing at the stand for ages. I ended up leaving with the Starter Set for eyes. So overexcited about this one!

- I ran out of my Healthy Mix Serum while here so decided to switch it up and get a bottle of Bourjois Happy Light instead. I have had it before and like it just as much, its just a good staple and does the job nicely. 

- saving the best for last of course. I allowed myself a sneaky Duty Free purchase at Dubai Airport and Tom Ford Wild Ginger is finally mine. My-oh-my is that a beauty. I have been wearing it most days and have so much love for the orangery red shade, the fancy packaging and the perfect formula. I didn't have any lip liner to go with it and even thou I made an effort matching it to Mac ones in the end the closest shade was from Chanel counter. Whats a girl to do? The girl is to buy that Chanel lip liner (shade 56 Orange Intense).

Im flying back to Dubai tomorrow so will be on track with regular posts before you know it. Expect to hear all about my vacation.

5 comments:

  1. I bet Wild Ginger looks amazing on you! And that candle smells amazing! xx

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Stacey! I am OBSESSED with Wild Ginger. Like totally cant stop wearing it! Im already over it that TF lipsticks cost so much because its so gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. The dress is so nice! It was sold out in every H&M I went in Latvia, but I finally found it in Lithuania yesterday. It's so pretty and the color is just amazing :)
    Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wearing to soo much. Perfect for work- simple but the color makes it fun. Happy you found it! x

      Delete