Monday, May 12, 2014

OOTD - What I Wore to Brunch


 As I mentioned in last Life Lately, last weekend we went on a great brunch at Armani hotel. A 3,5h brunch was followed by sheesha session at the Palace Hotel which is the backdrop of below outfit session.


 If you follow me in Instagram ( @thelauracarlson) you already got a sneak of this combo. I still have the unyielding love for midiskirt and this structured Topshop number is no exception. It makes me feel like a pink cloud ( in a good way because I like clouds! I dont mind being one from time to time). The cut of this is special as its not totally A-line neither is it a tulip skirts- its somewhere in between and that's what gives it such great shape. I dont see it online anymore so it might be sold out. I got it a few months back. The length is proper midi (so makes your legs look visually shorter) which means I always wear it with heels, even the lowest of heel will help you out here (mine are old Kurt Geiger ones).

Even if this skirt is no longer available there is some lust worthy option in Topshop. Like this textured knee midi skirt in lilac or baby blue. If they had these at Dubai store I would have already caved but as I would have to order online Im still going strong against temptation.


 The shirt is a new purchase made this week and I absolutely love it. Take a wild guess where its from? I dont even believe it myself but its GAP again! Its their Cuff Drapey Top. In addition to white it comes in various pretty pastel hues and I might have to go pick up a mint green option. The light material and relaxed fit combined with a collar makes it perfect staple to have in a few color options (or so I like to tell myself).

 Its great length to wear over skinny jeans but in my wardrobe will probably get the most use with various girly skirts.


The necklace is of course from New Vintage by Kriss. Its a light green agate slice on gold-filled chain and works equally great layered with some dainty pieces or worn under collars as the length is perfect for it.

I have a few excellent new necklaces from spring summer collection of New Vintage by Kriss so will show you soon. And yesterday as I was aimlessly browsing at Topshop (again!) I stumbled upon a gem. I mean really this piece will be my favorite going-out outfit for sure. And its NOT pastel nor a midi?! Might just have to throw it on and take quick pictures in my garden tomorrow cause I cant wait to show you.

Have you done some great spring/summer shopping lately?

5 comments:

  1. I've gotten 4 pairs of shoes (Massimo Dutti, River Island, GAP)- but all very different and very necessary purchases - literally couldn't live without them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha :D Obviously! I know where you are coming from..I also cant leave without that 5th midi skirt! Any of them great flats? I need a new pair so must go investigate..

      Delete
  2. That shirt is gorgeous! I've been on the hunt for something like that for a while now! :)

    Fee
    http://www.pingle-blog.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete