Sunday, May 11, 2014

Chanel Rouge Allure- Pirate #99

I have been itching to share this beauty with you but I felt like I wouldnt do it justice taking pictures with my iPhone. So I had to wait til I got to use the camera again.

 This lipstick became mine on a tiny little Duty Free haul on our way to Sri Lanka last month. If you saw this post from February you know I have had my eye on Rouge Allure Pirate for ages. And as my first pick from lipstick wishlist was TF Spanish Pink second one had to be a red offering.

However they never seemed to have Pirate at various Chanel counters so imagine my excitement at Duty Free. Double fun as Duty Free is a grey area in shopping and always makes me feel less guilty about spending money.
 

This is as classic as a red can get. Blue undertones and flattering on everyone.

Very pigmented and creamy and the little black and golden bullet makes me feel like such a grown up when applying the lipstick. Well the fact that it says Chanel on it probably also has something to do with it.


 Pirate is one of those excellent reds that makes your teeth look whiter. I will attempt to make a teeth bearing photo for you soon but until you can just take my word.

If you are in search of a truly classic and luxurious lipstick I say take Pirate for a spin. Or maybe you have already found one and only true love classic red. If so let me know which one?

3 comments:

  1. Haha I love the name! "Pirate". Major brownie points if it makes teeth look whiter too! Always a plus :)

    Fee
    http://www.pingle-blog.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I thought that too about the name. How fitting for a red lipstick.

      Thanks for stopping by Fee :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shade!
    I'm still on the hunt for 'my perfect red'... I will definitely swatch it next time I'm near a Chanel counter.
    Have a nice day Laura!
    xx

    ReplyDelete