Friday, April 11, 2014

The Pre-vacation Buzz

I will be honest with you..I can do that because you are not my boss. My mind has been prematurely on vacation mode this week and very little on work things. I mean like it was barely on any other things. Ok it was on vacation mode and one more thing but lets concentrate on the vacation for now.

We are flying to Sri Lanka tonight and spending the next 5 days laying on the beach, reading, drinking fruity cocktails,eating too much lentil curry and fresh fish. As I happen to be a big fan of making lists (grocery lists, to-do lists for work, lists about make up) packing list is one of my favorites. Today I will tell you about my vacation make up list.

We went to Sri Lanka for our honeymoon at the end last year so I know what to expect. In the 2 weeks we spent there I used eyeshadow once..so it was pretty clear to me what to pack for a super light make up bag.

Here goes:


 I cant be bothered to wear liquid foundation on a beach vacation, so daily I will use Caudalie Vinoperfect Broad Spectrum Day Perfection Fluid. It is new and its awesome so expect a full review shortly. Smells amazing, has SPF 15 and is tiny bit tinted so evens out the skin. GREAT product! Just in case I do feel like having a more done face Im bringing the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder. Laura kept telling me I need this and she was right as always. Its SPF 15 again, its light enough to wear in sweaty scenarios, it has great coverage and stays on long time. I had a whole mineral powder phase last year and tried a lot of them but this is by far my favorite!

I will bring 2 Lancome products- Hypnose Star mascara which is my current favorite and a Le Crayon Khol brown eye pencil. This works as my brow pencil and can be smudged into the eye line if I feel like it. Although I have a feeling it will be just mascara on my eyes for the next week.

And then there is the two products that are always in my make up bag. The ones I immediately repurchase and have been using longer than 10 years. Benefit High Beam is my absolute favorite highlighter ever and I love using it in the inner corner of my eyes and cheekbones on those "barely any make up" days. Its blends so easily and looks beautiful on bare skin or over foundation. The second one is YSL Touche Eclat complexion highlighter. My holy grail product for a more alive radiant face and eyes.


I will also bring the Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour Blush in Exposed. Its great for a natural flush of color and can be built up. This one has top notch staying power.


For lips I chose the Lancome Gloss In Love in 144 in case I feel like having some color on in the evenings. For day time Im taking the Sleek Pout Polish SPF 15 in Peach Perfection.



I usually have my earrings in my make up bag as well. So the ones coming to vacation are the prettiest color amazonite drops that look amaze balls with a tan and small mountain crystal squares both from New Vintage by Kriss of course.

And thats it! I really dont want to lug too much with me as its less than a week and most of it will be spent on the beach wearing very little make up and clothes. I did of course do some pre-vacation shopping and came home with mint green shorts, new bikini and silver flats. So stay with me and I will report back from Sri Lanka soon.

If you feel like knowing what Im up to at Sri Lanka find me on Instagram @thelauracarlson (see on the right sidebar of the blog). There shall be an obnoxious amount of photos from pretty beaches and delicious dinners.

Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Get some rest AND have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Im totally on it..all I have been doing is tanning and naps :)

      Delete