Sunday, April 6, 2014

Easy Like Sunday Morning..

Even thou my Sunday morning means sitting in the office and starting a new work week, I know that many of you still have a lovely leisurely Sunday ahead.

So I wanted to share a quick and so so easy idea for a lovely breakfast addition to your Sunday- peach puff pastries. I made those yesterday morning and pulling it together takes about 10min ( + 15min baking time). It is so ridiculously easy but produces the most satisfying fresh pastry I love having with my morning coffee.

You will need:

  • Store bought puff pastry cut to squares ( you can of course make your own and for pies I often do but I cant be bothered with that on a Sunday morning..and store bought works well)
  • canned peaches
  •  1 pack of mascarpone
  • crushed almonds
  • sugar and vanilla essence

1.Mix mascarpone with a big spoonful of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Taste so its sweet enough for you as I like to be moderate on the sweetness level.

2. Lay the puff pastry squares on your baking sheet and put a dollop of mascarpone on each square. Cover this with 2-3 peach slices and sprinkle with almonds.




3. Fold the corners of the squares up and pinch them together properly. Make sure they are really closed otherwise you loose the shape while baking.

4. Bake at 170c for about 15min. Depending on your oven you might need to bake a bit longer until golden brown on the top.




They are the best a little bit cooled. I love mine with coffee and the husband has them with a glass of milk.

They take minimal effort and leave behind minimal dirty dishes *win*
You can of course substitute the filling with jam or fresh berried or whatever you like but this combo is my favorite.

Whats your easy Sunday morning treats?

5 comments:

  1. Sweet jesus! Why have you never made these for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee?! Next Sunday morning I'm coming to your apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I will try to amend the situation with a lemon merengue pie asap

      Delete
  2. Kriss, Uldis and I had the easiest Sunday brunch option - cafe Phillies in London so having someone else cook:)... otherwise we are more of omelette people on Sunday and my trick is to cook some onions, tomatoes and peppers first, add some chillie pepper but knowing your spicy aversion probably not for you... and the top with avocado and salsa - kind of mexican sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! These look so, so good! Farewell diet and all that stuff... :)

    ReplyDelete