Sunday, February 9, 2014

Park Life in Pastels



When living in Europe whether Estonia or Spain we spent an awful lot of time in parks.

  Because there is very few things I love more than a lovely weekend picnic in the park. It can be a picnic consisting of full blown meal and BBQ or ice cream or just sitting on the grass- I love all options. In Dubai its always sunny and such a great climate for picnics but it was one massive minus. No park in Dubai allows dogs and this kind of kills all the fun for me. I just dont see why would we gear up for a great day of walking and enjoying the outdoors if we cant bring our pup.

Unless its Friday morning because on Friday mornings something magical happens in Dubai. Its the Ripe Friday Foodie Market day in Safa Park.




Now I cant even begin to tell you how much I love this market. Its buzzing, its vibrate, it has all sorts of goodies and handicraft and flowers.. It has endless grass patches to sit and munch your breakfast. I still wish we could bring our dog Mate with but fair enough. Cant have everything and all that jazz..

So this Friday we rolled out of bed and made our way for late breakfast rounds at Safa Park. I dressed pretty much head to toe pastel colors because that just makes me happy. 






And any excuse to wear my tiffany blue converse is always welcomed! Because they are just about the prettiest thing I have ever seen. It was a whole dedicated hunt to track these babies down. In the Converse store at Dubai Mall the sales assistant had never even heard of this color being available but I finally found some online. Now I have to be extra careful not to ruin them too fast as Im not sure how easy it would be to find another pair.




The dress is about 3 years old and comes from Mango. I get to channel my love of 60's housewife attire and to me that is perfection!

I rarely find things to buy in Mango nowadays but I have about three old pieces I love dearly. So I never lose hope and still do a mandatory Mango round when in the mall..







Ahhh yes.. the flowers at this market. If my husband wasn't with me I would have probably just spent all the money I had and bought one of each color. And then the cats will destroy them all in about 2 days. I pulled myself together and only bought a bunch of pretty pale pink peonies and some lovely fresh lavender.




Here are some other great things I picked up at the market. The Liquorice & Peppermint tea in particular is delicious. Definitely my new favorite flavor. I use the maple syrup and goji berries for home made granola. 






I cant wait for next Friday. Whats your favorite weekend outings?


p.s. Today is our 6-month wedding anniversary (Im aware that its not technically a "thing" but I choose it to be). I would love to post some of our wedding pics but wasn't sure if thats something you are interested to see?




Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Would LOVE to see some of your wedding pics! Really enjoying your blog, you make me want to visit Dubai!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see wedding pics!I love that you do nail posts! Really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding pictures???!!!! Of course....

    Btw, I visited Dubai a couple of times and always wondered about pets?! Where can you walk your dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall sort out the wedding pics post this weekend for sure :)

      Regarding the dog..we live in a neighborhood called The Greens. For Dubai standards its pretty great for dogs. There is a park and lots of grass patches. There is even a cafe where you can sit on the terrace with the dog (totally unheard of here normally!).

      We occasionally also drive a bit out of the city to Jebel Ali and take him to the beach. But having a dog here certainly limits your choices of where to live.

      Delete