Sunday, February 2, 2014

Desert Palm



 This weekend I was working long days.

On the plus side I was working in beautiful environment that is Desert Palm. Its a peaceful and luxurious hotel & spa in the midst of lush green polo fields. It really is one of those gems that a bit of a drive away but so worth a visit.



I unfortunately did not get a chance to enjoy the infinity pool but I did get to eat at Epicure a few times. Epicure offers a range of sandwiches, pizza and fresh pastries and I really want to go back for a long leisurely lunch (not the 15min eat&run that working at an event set up means). I had a cured beef sourdough sandwich and their special fresh juice blend but I promise there was loads of appetizing thing to choose from.



In perfect world I would have followed this with a stroll around the lovely premises, a glass of wine and some shisha on the terrace overlooking the polo fields. Or even better- on Thursdays they have a wine and cheese night that was super reasonably priced (145AED per person with free flow on selected wines). In reality I rushed back to check on the guest list or finish the set up for the gentlemen's whisky dinner.

I do love the calmness and greenery of Desert Palm and plan to make my way back there in a few weeks. Well to be honest any place that is green pretty much does the trick for me while living in the sandpit of Dubai.




I did not have any time to get a proper outfit picture but here is a test shot at the media wall. The event I was working at was The Royal Salute Nations Cup Polo. And the day itself was about 13h long so no fancy fascinator and high heeled polo outfit for me instead opted for my trusty white Massimo Dutti dress. And it was super windy- that is my excuse for the hairdo. Now that I have made another chop at my hair I struggle to find an up do that actually stays up.



I shall be doing a small review of some recently bought beauty products in the next few days.
Come by again!



4 comments:

  1. cute dress. Love the sound of the cheese and wine night, might need to check this place out soon :-) Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Step re. wine and cheese night. We should all go! Also excited about upcoming beauty post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oih! poleks pidanud seda ennem lõunat lugema!

    ReplyDelete