Monday, February 3, 2014

Beauty bits

There is a few newcomers in my make up bag. Some are here to stay..others not so much.

Lets start with the favorite one which is a Dior Addict Lipstick in 865. I  was in a lipstick rut with only reaching for the Nars Red Square or some sort of a gloss for ages. So eventually I was snooping around Sephora for something new. Generally one of the Sephora extra eager sales assistance gets on my nerves fast but this time I somehow managed to browse in peace. I mean do they really sell more when they breathe down your neck and follow you around?




Anyway..I ended up with randomly picking up a Dior Addict pink shade and loved it immediately. It is a perfect mix of lipstick and gloss, it glides on easily and leaves lips moisturized.




Now I have a bit of a problem with using lip pencil..most of the time im lazy and cant be bothered. This lipstick can easily be worn without pencil as I dont mind it being a bit less perfect. It doesnt bleed into the fine lines during the day and thats what matters to me.

Best part thou is that is much more pigmented than other glossy lipsticks I have tried. Even as the gloss wears off you are left with pretty pink lips. It also builds up perfectly. One swipe leaves a rather modest pink hue (I wish I made a picture of this but in my defense it was 8am so I was bound to forget something) and with doing just two coats you get this vibrant pink gloss:


I have been wearing it a lot and feel the need to try another shade from the Dior Addict range. Do you have a favorite one? I would love recommendations so I can go to Sephora with a clear idea instead of coming back with a bunch of stuff I happen to stumble upon..



 Talking of stumbling..I went to Boots only to buy a bottle of Batiste dry shampoo. I promise!
 There was nothing else I needed or so I told myself as I stepped in. As always I found myself at the make up aisle. I dont even know how that happened? And next thing I know I pick up the Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express( you see how I make this all sound like I was drugged or something..I have no control obviously!).  I have been loyal to my Diorshow mascara for about 3 years now. It has just been one of those products I love and stick to. My justification for picking up the Maybelline was that I havent tried out drugstore mascaras for so long maybe they have gotten better. I must say they have because I LOVE this mascara. I wouldnt say it makes a false lash effect but I do love it anyway. It covers well, it gives lashes a lovely curl and I dont have a smudged mess under my eyes at the end of the day. For what it costs I say its a pretty good job.

And then of course Boots always has some kind of a promotion. Enter: "Buy any 2 makeup products and get 3rd free!" Well hello there! Thats almost like im SAVING money if I choose two more products right? Surely it is..

Bourjois used to be my favorite drugstore brand for years. Unfortunately I have to say neither of these new addition are remarkable. The eyeshadow is pretty, shimmery and butter soft while applying but it becomes streaky in the matter of hours. The Liner Feutre very-long lasting eyeliner in purple isnt very pigmented. I struggle to make one proper line with eyeliner not to talk about going over it three times to get some kind of definition and color on. It doesnt get high marks in staying power either.

So Laura-1 Boots-2. I do suggest to give the mascara a try if you are a on a lookout for a cheaper option. And dont forget to mention your favorite Dior Addict lipsticks if you have any.

7 comments:

  1. Great post! What nail polish are you wearing in this? Its lovely

    Stella | Electrik Flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :)

      Its a brand called Tito and the color is Bootilicious.

      Delete
  2. Adore that lip colour! Gorgeous look x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful pink! I don't own any Dior lipsticks, I have been trying to convert most of my stash to natural makeup, but recently I fell upon the perfect coral and I just had to get it. It was some drugstore brand, Revlon maybe, but I don't care because it was exactly the color I had been looking for – like you said, it doesn't bleed and even when it fades it leaves you with pretty lips :-)

    And something else I just found yesterday at a spa event and immediately knew was going to be my new addiction: Jane Iredale lip stain. You end up with... your lips, but better: more pink, softer and more luscious. Instant addiction :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great on you. I would so love to wear the brighter colors but stick to tints and glosses as I do not like the way the brighter colors look on my and envy people who can wear them.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love Dior Addict also for exactly the same reason - it feels so velvety when putting it on and no need for lip pencil... my favorite shade is extreme 476... this bright-fuchia pink... And just had a raid at Boots yesterday... love their promotional things and i think of going there as me making money as i can use the points to buy next time:)...my new favorite for years has been their No7 brand protect and perfect serum.. kallid londonist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If we speak about mascara then I must say I have tried so many of them (Lancome, Dior etc.), but as funny as it sounds I always come back to one - Maybelline "The Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof" mascara. Since I have quite long, but at the same time light colored and super straight lashes, this is a perfect mascara for me. It lasts for hours without smearing, it is a perfect fit for girls who use eyelash curler (that would be me), since it is not heavy and does not pull the lashes down after they are curled up. :)

    One more inexpensive product that I have given my preference to is Matte Control Pressed powder by Oriflame. Yes! Before this powder I thought of Oriflame as something cheap and not so good, but then I tried this powder. It's super light and gives just the right amount of matt needed without making the face feel like it's been filled with 3 centimeters of construction sand.

    Third product I love, is Clinique "Even better" tinter. It's amazing, since feels so light on the skin, but at the same time does it's job of covering the uneven parts of the face, that do not need to be seen by other human beings! :D

    I really have convinced myself, that sometimes it is worth to see what drugstore brands have to offer, because you might find something awesomely suited for you without spending a fortune on some high end branded products that maybe are not so good for you in the end of the day.

    Sorry for the long comment, I could not resist if the conversation went into the beauty product lane... :D Well, also... Write more about shoes. My resistance level on speaking about shoes is even lower. :D

    ReplyDelete