Friday, January 31, 2014

The Crazy Pants



My closet contains much more dresses and skirts then pants. The variation was pretty much limited to some black skinny jeans until my sister convinced me to buy this pair of flowery Dorothy Perkins pants. I didnt think they were that crazy to be honest. I just thought they were flowery and a bit out of my comfort zone. I feel like thanks to the fact that the pattern is on a dark background I can get away with pants like this and wearing them makes me happy so why not..

The reason they are called crazy pants is as follows. I met a guy at a work function I had met before. He didn't recall we had met until I mentioned the event and he said..ahh yes you were the girl wearing the crazy pants..not flowery..not colorful..crazy pants! I was not sure how to comment...


The top is one of my favorites. I got this same top in white from Zara few months back and it quickly became one of my favorites. I kept thinking..I wish I had this in black as well. Now this is where Dubai has an amazing advantage- reasonably priced great tailors. I got some lovely black fabric and had this Zara top replica made for less than the top cost originally. I have done the same thing with a few work dresses and I have a fabric waiting to be made into a red version of the below shown Cos midi skirt. 




I never wear these pants without heels. Im not sure why but I just feel like they need a sexy high feel so they dont look too hippy. I love those Zara shoes but they are definitely not something I can spend a standup cocktail party in. But whenever I do wear them I feel kind of invincible so I'm shallow enough to power through the mild discomfort. They just make you strut you know..





Do you have a pair of crazy pants?

7 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! I'm not brave enough to wear printed trousers :(

    Stella | Electrik Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog so far! You have a fabulous way of telling a story while keeping us entertained. Looking forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouraging words :) Im loving bloging so far so hope to keep it up!

      Delete
  3. Oh, yes I do and I love them - I have even managed to wear them in -15 degrees weather with black leather boots and my fave COS jumper. Also may I say so - excellent posing skills;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mina ei ole julgenud endale värvilisi pükse osta, aeg-ajalt ikka vaatan ja isegi proovin, aga siiani on ikka poodi jäänud. Ma olen pigem crazy shirt girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I never thought about going to a tailor to have something repilcated. Do you have to prepare the fabric in anyway, like washing it before hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you dont have to do anything with the fabric. I however bring the item I want to replicate with me when fabric shopping. Usually it helps to make sure the new fabric is similar so the piece will have the same fit and shape. This is more about skirts and dresses thou..

      Delete